- Types of Information Collected
We retain two types of information:
This is data that identifies you or can be used to identify or contact you. It may include your name, address, email address, user IP addresses in circumstances where they have not been deleted, clipped or anonymised, telephone number, birth date and billing and credit card information. Such information is only collected from you if you voluntarily submit it to us.
Whilst we do store billing information, we do not retain any credit card information. All credit card information is passed securely onto our payment providers – Realex Payments (for further information on this see point 6 below).
Like most websites, we gather statistical and other analytical information collected on an aggregate basis of all visitors to our website. This Non-Personal Data comprises information that cannot be used to identify or contact you, such as demographic information regarding, for example, user IP addresses where they have been clipped or anonymised, browser types and other anonymous statistical data involving the use of our website.
- Purposes for which we hold your Information
We will process any Personal Data you provide to us for the following purposes:
(a) to provide you with the goods you have ordered;
(b) to contact you if required in connection with your order or to respond to any communications you might send to us;
We use the Non-Personal Data gathered from visitors to our website in an aggregate form to get a better understanding of where our visitors come from and to help us better design and organise our website.
- Disclosure of Information to Third Parties
We will only disclose your Personal Data if we believe in good faith that we are required to disclose it in order to comply with any applicable law, a summons, a search warrant, a court or regulatory order, or other statutory requirement.
We may provide Non-Personal Data to third parties, where such information is combined with similar information of other users of our website. For example, we might inform third parties regarding the number of unique users who visit our website, the demographic breakdown of our community users of our website, or the activities that visitors to our website engage in while on our website. The third parties to whom we may provide this information may include potential or actual advertisers, providers of advertising services, commercial partners, sponsors, licensees, researchers and other similar parties.
- Sale of Business
At Kitchen Essence we use Realex Payments to handle all your credit card details. Realex Payments are certified and approved by several leading financial institutions. Realex systems and security controls are based on current industry standards. There are several layers of technology in place to ensure the confidentiality, authentication and integrity of information.
- Realex Payments have been accredited with the AIS (Account Information Security) certification by VISA and is one of the few companies in Europe to achieve this. This shows our commitment to the above industry standard in every aspect of payment processing.
- Information is sent from Kitchen Essence to Realex via the internet. Realex in turn connects to the financial institution associated with your payment card. Realex are fully certified and approved by these institutions.
- All information when in transit via the internet is encrypted (128bit SSL) to ensure confidentiality of sensitive data.
- All messages sent to Realex and the responses from Realex are authenticated using digitally signed digests.
- All requests are verified against a legal list of IP address and referring URLs.
- Realex Payments are registered with the data protection commissioner as a “Data Processor”. Cardholder information is encrypted and not displayed in our reporting systems.
- Updating, Verifying and Deleting Personal Data
You may inform us of any changes in your Personal Data and in accordance with our obligations under the Data Protection Acts 1988 and 2002, we will update or delete your Personal Data accordingly. To find out what Personal Data we hold on you or to have your Personal Data updated, amended or removed from our database, please contact us at email@example.com